Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow, snow and snow!



SNOW SNOW SNOW




This is the UK. This is London. The whole place has gone quite perculiar about the weather. The TV news hardly bothers with the rest of the world, politics, murder, scandal. No, it's all about snow. Snow Snow Snow!!!

You can see the view out of my window here at Taymount Grange - that was this morning. I did go out for 5 minutes. I'd like to go walking as everything looked beautiful in bright white light reflected from the snow. I wanted to go looking at the world that has turned white and magical. I didn't go anywhere. The road hasn't been gritted/salted, nor the footpaths. It was far too dangerous for me. A returning resident told me it was icy and slippery down on the pavements in the main Forest Hill area.

You would think I would be going stir crazy having barely been out of my room for several days since the snow started again. I'm not. I'm enjoying this forced rest. I sit at the window and i can see the sky and the bare trees and the snow everywhere. i can see the squirrels jumping from limb to limb and tree to tree. They dislodge bits of snow and the snow falls gently to the ground. I also see the brave and the foolish going out to work, school or just to prove they are hardy and can manage this extreme weather. I have a friend, and she really reflects that 'grit' the English had in the 2nd World War. She is getting to work every day regardless. She makes no fuss. She just goes.

I had promised myself as a New Year resolution to do the BBC French lessons on line. I have done one, and I have no excuse what so ever for not doing two today as I planned. I also promised myself to read the new book i ordered on Positive Psychology. I haven't done that either. What I have done is watch TV. I watch all the property shows (including the repeats I have already seen). i watch the new series of 'Wanted Down Under' ( flying families to Oz and NZ for one week to look at houses, jobs, lifestyle). It is a wonder they don't all collapse with jetlag day one. It looks like a pretty good place to me!!! Sea, sunshine and friendly people.

All the planned gallery and museum visits, all the concerts and visiting I was going to do is all out the window thanks to the snow.

Enough about snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment